Friday 1 April 2016

Flowerpot Doorstop

April already, i cant believe it the year is flying by!
I am pleased to say i did not get fooled today, well to my knowledge anyway...

Anyway i just wanted to share with you my latest design which is out now in this months issue of KnitNow magazine, issue 59.

Its my Flowerpot Doorstop, i was really pleased with this design as i love the bright colours and extra element the buttons add, here it is....

 


And a birds eye view...



If you plan on giving this a go, one tip i would give is to pin your flowers in place before you sew them on, it just means you can make sure you have an even mix of colour and style across the top



I was really pleased with the buttons i was able to find to add to it, if you are interested these were from a store UK called Dunelm Mill and below you can see the tub details



If you do give this a go i would love to see pictures, you can create it as a project in Ravelry or tag me in on Instagram :)

On a personal note its been back to work for me after the bank holiday weekend, it was lovely having 4 days with lots of knititng time so im really pleased now its Friday night and i have the weekend ahead of me, i dont actually have any looming deadlines this weekend so i am going to take the time to cast on some baby booties for an expectant friend, its a pattern a have made a few times and had for years, an old photocopy with no details of the original source on so a very precious pattern, i really must get round to scanning it in i would hate to ever loose it, i will be posting pictures of my progress on instagram.

 Also really want to make my friend a cross stitch for the arrival, i will include the babies name, dob, and weight, she is due in September but with all my other plans i must start this sooner rather than later, the neutral sections anyway as the sex is not yet known, such an exciting time and i am so pleased for her xx


No comments:

Post a Comment