Sunday 6 December 2015

Kirstie Allsopps Handmade Christmas Fair

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Handmade Fair in Manchester and it was fabulous, basically it is an event made up on talks,  workshops and stalls all related to craft and in the price of the ticket you get 3 events; 2 workshops and a talk.

For the talk we went to a talk with Kirstie Allsopp and the lady behind Attic24 , Lucy. Its was really interesting and actually the motivation behind my blog revamp and promise not to neglect it again. The stage was filled with her blankets and colour work which was amazing to see I follow her on instagram and always feel inspired by her colours.

So for my 2 work shops I did Lino printing wrapping paper and needle felting baubles.

Lino printing in basically a piece if lino that you carve out your image on and then ink up and print, it was really fun (and a little messy) but the needle feling was by far my favourite, not sure if thats because it involves fibre :) basically you have a tool made up of sharp needles that you punch in to the fibre to 'knit' it together, we did this around polystyrene  balls to create baubles, I love it so much I actually ordered all the equipment to make some more although have not yet got round to picking it up.

Here is Kirstie opening the event, my and my friend couldnt help let out a little scream when we saw the craft queen.


Waiting for the attic 24 talk only 1 row from the front


Amazing view and brilliant show


And my creations...




No comments:

Post a Comment